We are hosting a sustainable three-day music and art festival just outside Missoula, MT., at Lolo Hot Springs on Friday June 5th, Saturday June 6th, and Sunday June 6, with an emphasis on community awareness of environmental issues and our means to solve them. Our goal is to bring the people of Missoula and surrounding areas together positively in a relaxed atmosphere in order to educate and involve them on green issues, while providing a production that includes the following:
* A variety of amazing music on three stages: a Main Outdoor Stage (Valley Stage) presenting music from several genres, a Saloon Stage inside the bar/restaurant area with room for 500 hundred dancers, and a Pool Party Stage outside by the hot spring pool.
* A geodesic dome that will feature electronic music and DJ's spinning all night.
* Free camping and swimming in the hot springs for all who attend.
* Local and organic food vendors will be present. The Lolo Hot Springs Lounge/Restaurant will also be catering a full menu that includes organic options.
* Regional micro-brews will be available in the beer gardens, and there is also a full bar on site.
* A variety of eco-workshops meant to increase environmental awareness will be offered. Several green businesses will be tabling, and giving presentations as well.
* Only green sustainable vending will be offered. Authentic Creations will be a vendor of hemp and earth friendly goods. All merchandising for this event will be done as sustainable as possible.
* Art activities will include the following: live painting, an artistic glass blowing exhibition, and visual art instalations, as well as many other local artist sharing their inspiration and ideas.
* A huge bon-fire for all who like to drum, play music, dance, and have a good time around something warm. Fire spinners using bio-diesel will light up the night.
* Daytime activities will include disc golf, crystal hunting, children activities, and possibly horse back riding. We have one hundred acres to play on and free bikes to use.
* All flyers, posters, tickets, etc. will be printed on 100% recycled paper. Earthbound Productions is committed to the principles of sustainability in our day-to-day business.
* This event will be powered by wind and solar green tags, as well as by bio-diesel powered generators. We are committed to green energy.
Earthbound Productions is a grass-roots, environmental friendly organization that hosts music and art festivals, in and around Missoula, Montana. The company is managed by a group of talented individuals that work with the community to create sustainable events. Our goal is to bring the community together in a relaxed, positive atmosphere to create awareness of environmental issues and to provide information on methods for more sustainable living.
Our biggest production every year is the "Love Your Mother Earth Festival." This year, 2008, it was a two-day event that was held in late May at Lolo Hot Springs Resort. This festival featured 23 bands, 8 acoustic artists and many DJ's on one indoor and two outdoor stages. The Zookeeprz (a local DJ organization) also had a geodesic dome, with DJ's that spun music all night long. There was a variety of eco-friendly workshops, including a bio-diesel making workshop, and green businesses were there tabling and giving information. Local artists had a tent to display art, and we also featured live painting and glass-blowing exhibitions. We were sponsored this year by New Belgium Brewing, Sierra Nevada Brewing, and local businesses like Authentic Creations, The Trail FM, and The Hayloft.
We are committed to sustainability in our own practices, as well as featuring sustainable vending. Our main vendor this year was Authentic Creations; a local, eco-friendly, hemp goods and clothing shop. We print all our flyer's and handbills on 100% recycled paper and use soy based inks whenever possible. All of the cups from our beer gardens this year were made from corn starch which biodegrades in 45 days. Next year we will require that all our food vendors use compostable plates, cups and utensils. We highlight recycling and have built our own reusable recycling bins, and we also participate in the Adopt-A-Highway program. We hand-painted all of our event signs this year with sustainable paint, and we intend to reuse them for future events. Green tags were used for solar and wind power, to offset energy use.
We are working with an incredible venue. Lolo Hot Springs is located 35 miles from Missoula, on Highway 12. It is a resort that features natural hot springs, a full bar, restaurant, cabins, RV spots, and camping with hook-ups on site. The abundance of geo-thermal energy is only one the many draws of this venue. Situated on about 100 acres, there is lots of space to bike, hike and have fun on, with also plenty of room to grow. We are planning to work with the local disc golf association and turn our temporary disc golf course into a permanent one. The owner of Lolo Hot Springs, Brent Olsen, is also environmentally conscious, and committed to our values. He wants to grow with us, and see our dreams become reality. We want people from all walks of life and of all ages to come together to celebrate Mother Earth and each other in this very special place.
We are very excited to announce that the 3rd Annual Love Your Mother Earth Festival will take place on June 5,6 and 7 2009!!!!!