It happens the weekend before Labor Day weekend in August and the music featured is in the Bluegrass, Jazz, Jamband and World-Beat genres... or moreso, a sound that blends these styles (and others) together. Up to six bands each day on one stage, with acoustic 'tweener sets between each band.
deg David Grisman Quintet
deg Steve Kimock w/ Melvin Seals & JGB
deg String Cheese Incident's Kyle Hollingsworth Band
deg PRAANG w/ Steve Kimock & String Cheese Incident's Michael Travis & Jason Hann plus Jamie Janover
deg Leftover Salmon's Vince Herman & Great American Taxi
deg Jeff Austin & Friends
deg The Motet (8-Piece w/ Horns & Scott Messersmith)
deg New Monsoon
deg Split Lip Rayfield
deg Tony Furtado Band
deg Larry Keel & Natural Bridge
deg Swingset w/ "Banjo Dave" Johnston
deg Elephant Revival
'Tweener Sets Include:
deg LYNX (solo)
deg Shanti Groove (acoustic)
deg TAARKA w/ ThaMuseMeant's Nathan Moore
deg Jamie Janover & LYNX (duo)
deg Mountain Standard Time
deg Danny Shafer (solo)
deg Patrick Latella (solo)
deg Coco Robicheaux (tentative)
deg Plus More 'Tweeners To Be Announced
Late Night Shows Include:
deg Friday: Special Guest TBA
deg Saturday: Saskia Laroo backed by The Motet
deg Sunday: WhiteWater Ramble & TAARKA w/ ThaMuseMeant's Nathan Moore
Top 15 Reasons to go to NedFest this year...
1) The Line-up of Bands - The booking process for NedFest 2008 has begun and we will gradually announce the bands that will be playing as they are hired, so be sure to check back frequently for updates. Thus far we have David Grisman Quintet, Steve Kimock with Melvin Seals & JGB, String Cheese Incident's Kyle Hollingsworth Band, PRAANG featuring Steve Kimock! with String Cheese Incident's Michael Travis & Jason Hann and Jamie Janover, Jeff Austin & Friends, Leftover Salmon's Vince Herman & Great American Taxi, The Motet, Tony Furtado Band, Split Lip Rayfield, New Monsoon, Larry Keel & Natur! al Bridge, Swingset with "Banjo Dave" Johnston, Elephant Revival, Oakhurst and Onda. Tweener sets include Coco Robicheaux, LYNX, Acoustic Shanti Groove, TAARKA with ThaMuseMeant's Nathan Moore, Mountain Standard Time, Danny Shafer! , Patrick Latella, Jamie Janover & LYNX duo, plus more 'tweeners to be announced. Late Night Shows include Saskia Laroo (from Amsterdam, The Netherlands) backed by The Motet on Saturday... and a double bill with WhiteWater Ramble and TAARKA featuring ThaMuseMeant's Nathan Moore on Sunday. Click HER! E for the Festival Schedule and/or HERE for Band Biographies.
2) Three Full Days & Extended Hours - NedFest will again be a three-day festival!! That's right... we will run from 2:00 PM until 10:30 PM on Friday, August 22nd; from 10:00 AM until 10:30 PM on Saturday, August 23rd; and from 10:00 AM until 8:30 PM on Sunday, August 24th. Additionally, there will be special late-night shows happening each night at the Black Forest Restaurant in Town. This totals roughly 40 hours of live music and fun! For the price... what a deal!!
3) Camping - For a low price NedFest offers Family Camping in Chipeta Park, quite close to the festival grounds, for anyone willing to rough it over the weekend. Additionally, there are many places to camp in the nearby wilderness area that are unaffiliated with the Festival if you are willing to rough-it... many of which are 100% FREE.
4) MicroBrew Festival - We will again be hosting a number of microbreweries at the Festival including Stone Brewing Company, Oskar Blues, Lefthand Brewing Company, Spaten Brewery, Ska Brewing and Avery Brewing Company, all bringing amazing selections of beers... plus our good friends at Redstone Meadery bringing their award winning honeywine.
5) Inexpensive Advance Tickets - Advanced 3-Day Weekend Passes are just $ 100.00, while Advance 2-Day Passes (Sat & Sun) cost only $ 75.00. Friday Tickets are just $ 25.00 each and Saturday Only and Sunday Only Tickets both are $ 40.00 each. Plus we've recently set up our very own online Ticketing Service so as to avoid having high Service Charges tacked on for our customers. Please click HERE for Ticketing info.
6) Kids 12 & under enter the Festival for FREE with a paying adult. Additionally, there is a children's play area with a Moonbounce and other activities, some of which are free and some for only a very small charge. NedFest is an extremely family-friendly event!
7) Free Parking - Yes, it's true that parking is FREE in designated areas, but just keep in mind that parking in small-town Ned is limited, so please carpool if you can. You can also ride the bus up from Boulder. The RTD's first stop in Nederland is a very short walk (about one block) to the NedFest Box Office.
8) Free Water - Paying for water at Festivals and concerts sucks! We'll hydrate and re-hydrate you for free, compliments of our friends at Indian Peaks Springwater.
9) Great Food and lots of local Arts & Crafts - There is still Vending space available, so if you are interested in VENDING, please click HERE.
10) The Sound - Our production company again this year is Sweetwave Audio. They will be bringing their Meyer line array speakers and Soundcraft mixing boards. You may recall hearing the amazing Meyer sound if you saw any of the last several hundred Grateful Dead shows. Meyer speakers are simply the best concert speakers ever made, and we are excited that Sweetwave will be with us again to maintain our extreme level of sound quality. The line array technology helps put the sound exactly where we want it: Not too loud in front and not too quiet in back... a fantastic listening experience for all.
11) A really cool, Professional Stage - The stage we have used the past few years has been great! No more "wedding tent" like in our early years (ha ha), so it will look great from wherever you are in the Festival grounds. This stage also helps improve our sound. Pretty exciting stuff!
12) Nederland, Colorado is beautiful - Located just 17 miles west (3,000 ft. above) of Boulder, the Festival's waterfront location has amazing views of the Rocky Mountains and the Continental Divide. The town has a long musical history dating back to the late 60's and early 70's... back in the day when Stephen Stills (allegedly) used to get thrown thru the front window of the Pioneer Inn. Members of String Cheese Incident, Yonder Mountain String Band, Leftover Salmon, The Motet and many other fantastic bands currently call Nederland their home. It's a great little community!
13) You'll be supporting several good causes - Multiple non-profit corporations such as Biodiversity Conservation Alliance and KGNU will be on hand to help keep you informed about things relevant to our local and World community.
14) NedFest is an independent, grassroots, non-corporate, homegrown event organized and staffed by kind, cool, down-to-earth mountain folk who know how to have a good time.
15) Its one heck of a party!!!