Goin' Home is set for a September 25th release on Vanguard Records. This stellar tribute to one of the cornerstones of rock n' roll music will help raise desperately needed funds for New Orleans musical community. Monies raised from the sales of Goin' Home will go toward the rebuilding of Fats Domino's neighborhood through the creation of a community center in the Crescent City's still ravaged Lower 9th Ward as well as other Tipitina's Foudation Programs and other community related programs.
The roster of music royalty contributing to the interpretations of classic Fats Domino songs include: Sir Elton John (Blueberry Hill), Sir Paul McCartney (I Want To Walk You Home), Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers(I'm Walkin'), Robert Plant (It Keeps Rainin'), Willie Nelson (I Hear You Knockin'), B.B. King (Goin' Home) and Neil Young (Walkin' To New Orleans). Goin' Home will also feature the late John Lennon's version of Fats' most popular song, "Ain't That A Shame." In addition, some of modern music's most prolific artists have contributed their time and talent including Lenny Kravitz, Norah Jones, Lucinda Williams, Ben Harper with The Skatalites, Toots and The Maytals, Taj Mahal, Herbie Hancock and Bonnie Raitt. Up and coming stars such as Marc Broussard with Sam Bush, Corrine Bailey Rae and Joss Stone with blues master Buddy Guy have recorded their renditions for this unique compilation. The participation of some of New Orleans' greatest musicians has been paramount in the process of recording of Goin' Home. Dr. John, Art Neville, Allen Toussaint, Irma Thomas, Marcia Ball, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk, Galactic, Walter "Wolfman" Washington, Theresa Andersson, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, The Rebirth Brass Band and NOLA funk masters George Porter Jr., Zigaboo Modeliste, Leo Nocentelli and Henry Butler.
Featured Artists & Songs:
1. John Lennon: Ain't That A Shame
2. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: I'm Walkin'
3. B.B. King with Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk: Goin' Home
4. Elton John: Blueberry Hill
5. Taj Mahal & The New Orleans Social Club: My Girl Josephine
6. Dirty Dozen Brass Band with Joss Stone and Buddy Guy: Every Night About This Time
7. Paul McCartney featuring Allen Toussaint: I Want To Walk You Home
8. Lenny Kravitz with Rebirth Brass Band, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Fred Wesley, Pee Wee Ellis and Maceo Parker: Whole Lotta Loving
9. Dr. John: Don't Leave Me This Way
10. Bonnie Raitt & Jon Cleary: I'm In Love Again/All By Myself
11. Art Neville: Please Don't Leave Me
12. Robbie Robertson with Galactic: Going To The River
13. Randy Newman: Blue Monday
14. Robert Plant with Lil' Band O' Gold: It Keeps Rainin'
15. Corinne Bailey Rae: One Night (Of Sin)
1. Neil Young: Walking To New Orleans
2. Robert Plant with The Soweto Gospel Choir: Valley Of Tears
3. Norah Jones: My Blue Heaven
4. Lucinda Williams: Honey Chile
5. Marc Broussard featuring Sam Bush: Rising Sun
6. Olu Dara & The Natchezippi Band with Donald Harrison Jr.: When I See You
7. Ben Harper with the Skatalites: Be My Guest
8. Toots & The Maytals: Let The Four Winds Blow
9. Willie Nelson: I Hear You Knockin'
10. Irma Thomas and Marcia Ball: I Just Can't Get New Orleans Off My Mind
11. Bruce Hornsby: Don't Blame It On Me
12. Herbie Hancock with George Porter Jr., Zigaboo Modeliste and Renard Poche: I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Someday
13. Los Lobos: The Fat Man
14. Big Chief Monk Boudreaux with Galactic: So Long
15. Preservation Hall Jazz Band with Walter "Wolfman" Washington & Theresa Andersson: When The Saints Go Marching In